DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

the post that never was and never shall be

  • Last night, snuggly tucked in bed (actually overly warm and uncomfortable, but we can roll with snuggly) I thought of a blog post. The muse is a fickle mistress, so I always appreciate her arrival however inconvenient. Generally, if I get a really good idea, I'll try to write it down. But per above, I was in bed. I don't care enough about this blog to be all getting out of bed to write shit down for my blog. Sorry blog. In lieu of all getting out of bed, I thought to myself, "I hope I remember this idea tomorrow morning." And then, in response, I also thought, "Well, if I don't. No big deal. It wouldn't be that great of a post anyway." This is the thin line on which my writing ability balances. Do you see the disadvantage I'm in?

    At any rate, today I come into work and start sending emails or whatever it is I do around here. Suddenly I remember that I don't remember what I was supposed to write about. *sigh* Thanks for that accurate, but incomplete update, brain. Apologies to my never realized post.

  • I'm not really scared of germs. I warsh myself with a rag on a stick and whatnot, but generally, I avoid OCD. It always makes me chuckle when a guy washes his hands and then grabs some paper towels to shield his hands from the faucet handles. I don't go through all that, instead I deftly use my elbows to turn off the water. It seems like a good alternative, but if you use this method the whole rest of the day you have to remember: Don't lick your elbows!

  • I sent an appointment to a co-worker. He informed me that he was no longer part of the project. I replied that I bet he was sorry he would miss all the exciting discussions and wouldn't see the conclusion (a document) of the project. I made the joke even though I know him to be somewhat of a wet blanket. He replied that yes, indeed he was sorry, because he was interested to see the conclusions. Huh? So I replied and said I would forward him the document upon its completion. He said, "THANK YOU!!" WTF? Actual excitement about this is beyond my comprehension. He had to be ripping on me right? I actually hope that he was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nukie said...

The post that never was, was....funny. Very funny in fact. I go through the same things at night. The trouble is, at night I think "Hey, this is hallarious, so stinking funny that I'm not sure how I'm going to write this without wetting my pants. Then I wake up, get to work and start writing the thing, and 9 times out of 10 the post sucks. It sucks so bad that I can't even put it up.

Maybe it's a good thing you forgot it.

3:02 PM

 
Blogger Teacher Lady said...

Either the guy was being sarcastic or he is one of those guys who goes to bed early, eats a lot of bran and finishes his taxes by the end of January.

5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home