DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

i was going to wear my goatee tonight and wouldn't that have been embarrassing

What's up my homies? Embarrassing, 2 Rs, 2 Ss - ? I'm asking. One-click answers seems to prefer the safe confines of the mouse as opposed to the laptop ouji board interface. It is not responding to my alt-clicking. I swear, wtf? All that aside, you really should go download it. See how co-dependent I am of it?

Anyway, I went to the Pittsburgh v. Jacksonville game tonight. Thumbs down on that one as "my" team lost 9-0. The tailgating was awesome, the food and drinks were extra-plus awesome and the seats were mega-ultra-plus CLR awesome. I would provide you a link and whatnot, but really, why? If you had any reason to care whatsoever, you would already know and if you had no reason to care, I'm sure the assured excitement of reading about a game featuring three field goals would have already driven you away PRE any linkage by me. If you know the kind of thing I'm talking about.

theMonica (I am missing her right now - too long away from the girl) asked me about potential inappropriateness in attending a football game on the heels of a funeral. I thought about it and decided it was not inappropriate Mitch. The clincher is that my uncle (who passed away) and my dad (his brother) used to tape Steelers games for each other. They'd mail them along and even though they'd know the outcome, they'd still watch the tapes. (Sometimes the game was televised in one's region, but not the other's.) I know he would have wanted us to have been there. He would not have wanted a 9-0 loss however. Oh well.

At any rate, I'm off to watch Kicking and Screaming. (I'm not actually going anywhere, but I will be alt-tabbing my windows' applications, so there.) If you are a Netflix friend of mine, I'm sure I've already recommended it. The movie is hella-good, but it just now came out on DVD. I own it on VHS - hell, I own it on fucking stone tablet. That's how good it is. Watch it. The Monkees' Head - yah, you can skip that one.

I gotta go. Blogger has scheduled an outage for 4 p.m. Who knows how long this post has taken me. God forbid it not get released into the ether.

5 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

"Funny, isn't it? George. Michael. Dolenz." Confession: I own Head. And I think it was a present from Ky.

But I have not yet seen Kicking and Screaming, which is surprising for me. I was worried that maybe somehow it wouldn't be as funny, but if Roger recommends it...

11:58 AM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

It's OK to go on with life after a funeral. Let's face it, the dead people don't know what we're up to anyway.

Kicking & Screaming is next in my queue. I should be receiving it tomorrow.

7:16 PM

 
Blogger Alan said...

Secretly, you love the film "Head" and all of its non-sensical pseudo-psychedelia. And Sonny Liston. Sing it with me now, "The porpoise is laughing..."

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

Hah! I thought you meant the Will Ferrell version of Kicking & Screaming. Which isn't so much hella-good.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

QWP: Ok, Head . . . I didn't hate it, but I was like, "C'mon already." Once I knew it wasn't going anywhere, it made me restless. I did like the songs though.

Ky: There were some ok parts. Is this movie like a Canadian cult classic? I had never found of it.

NYM: True dat, but everyone grieves differently.

Alan: Acid cam wore a little thin after a while.

Shannon: Yes, I made sure to link that. I have not seen the WF version, even though he's hilarious.

4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home