DO IT TREE!

Monday, October 02, 2006

a Cary Grant impression

should not sound like a Howard Cosell impression. That's a little tip for all you current and future Rich Littles out there. You see, that's the thing about a good impression. It is in some way reminiscent of the impressee. And then you say something that the impressee would never say and everyone laughs and goes away impressed. Get it? It's the circle of life people. I am posting this here in case the person I heard attempting a Cary Grant impression happens to read my blog.

In the first go-through of that last paragraph, I generated about 50 grammatical/mental errors. You should be glad I proofread this thing . . . NOW! Ok . . . Stop! Depending on your processing speed, that should have been the proper amount of appreciation necessary for my proofreading skills.

I have a cold(ish). I don't have a full-on cold, but an itchy throat, mini-cough, general annoying bug-thing going on. I woke up Saturday morning with the itchy throat. It was as if my body was taking pre-emptive biological measures in an attempt to prevent me from playing coed recreational two-handed touch football in the cold, cold, fall rain that day. Well, I could not be dissuaded. Play I did and I fearlessly led my team to a 10-point loss. We are not good. But I did not think it was cool of the other team to call timeout with like 1 second left so they could score again from the one-foot line. I have never rumbled in my life, but I was ready to throw down after that. Don't they know how much money I lost when we didn't cover?

4 Comments:

Blogger Bronwyn said...

You totally should have started a brawl. Soda Pop and Pony Boy style. It would have made up for losing. I bet you'd have won the brawl.

2:27 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Take some cold-eze. Or just drink more whisky.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

It could have been worse. They could have taunted you in their best Cary Grant voice.

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Nukie said...

Judy...Judy...Judy....

Erm, I mean, Roger...Roger....Roger...

6:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home