DO IT TREE!

Monday, September 25, 2006

so this lady . . .

Has a television in her cube. I never write television, always TV, but I didn't want you to be confused. You would have been thinking, "Certainly he didn't mean television. No one could have a television at their desk." And you would have thought I was doing random acronyming (as I sometimes do). Maybe TV was meant to stand for Trumpeting Venezuelan or Traveling Visigoth or Truncated Variables. But no, friends, such was not the case. It's an honest-to-God TV with a small piece of paper covering 80% of the screen (presumably to make it 20% less ridiculous or 100% completely baffling).

I am steering clear of this one. For she must have fierce mind-control powers. She should probably get fi - promoted. She looks really smart and resourceful. Maybe we would all do well to have a TV in our cube.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nukie said...

There was this woman at work who would listen to all of her soap operas on a TV radio. They couldn't fire her because of diversification. I guess she was the only soap opera fan our company had.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

I have heard that having a messy desk with pics of your co-workers & work activities scrolling across your puter screen meant a real team player, loyal to the company. Does this mean you work at a Television Station?
I don't think I would do too well with a TV at my desk, the interenet is hard enough to resist, some of the time...
at other times I can't resist.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I guess the piece of paper is supposed to be camouflage. She's smart.

6:06 PM

 
Anonymous Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Are you allowed to do that?

Besides, she can't have cable or satellite in there. What can you even watch without cable?

The answer where I live is FOX. And that is it.

9:51 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

We are NOT allowed to do that . . . but I guess she is?? I sat at my desk and thought about it all afternoon and I could think of no plausible reason for her to have a TV in her cube. While thinking, I tape a piece of paper on my forehead.

10:39 PM

 
Blogger Leesa said...

She sounds resourceful. At a moment's notice, she can say, "I can check that fact. Maybe it is on this re-run of Silver Spoons."

12:52 PM

 
Blogger djn said...

She's doing the opposite of productive. Isn't that what the guy from Office Space did to get a promotion? Roger, if you want a promotion, I think you should start thinking outside your intuitive box.

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home