DO IT TREE!

Monday, September 25, 2006

so this lady . . .

Has a television in her cube. I never write television, always TV, but I didn't want you to be confused. You would have been thinking, "Certainly he didn't mean television. No one could have a television at their desk." And you would have thought I was doing random acronyming (as I sometimes do). Maybe TV was meant to stand for Trumpeting Venezuelan or Traveling Visigoth or Truncated Variables. But no, friends, such was not the case. It's an honest-to-God TV with a small piece of paper covering 80% of the screen (presumably to make it 20% less ridiculous or 100% completely baffling).

I am steering clear of this one. For she must have fierce mind-control powers. She should probably get fi - promoted. She looks really smart and resourceful. Maybe we would all do well to have a TV in our cube.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nukie said...

There was this woman at work who would listen to all of her soap operas on a TV radio. They couldn't fire her because of diversification. I guess she was the only soap opera fan our company had.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger ... Paige said...

I have heard that having a messy desk with pics of your co-workers & work activities scrolling across your puter screen meant a real team player, loyal to the company. Does this mean you work at a Television Station?
I don't think I would do too well with a TV at my desk, the interenet is hard enough to resist, some of the time...
at other times I can't resist.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I guess the piece of paper is supposed to be camouflage. She's smart.

6:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to do that?

Besides, she can't have cable or satellite in there. What can you even watch without cable?

The answer where I live is FOX. And that is it.

9:51 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

We are NOT allowed to do that . . . but I guess she is?? I sat at my desk and thought about it all afternoon and I could think of no plausible reason for her to have a TV in her cube. While thinking, I tape a piece of paper on my forehead.

10:39 PM

 
Blogger Leesa said...

She sounds resourceful. At a moment's notice, she can say, "I can check that fact. Maybe it is on this re-run of Silver Spoons."

12:52 PM

 
Blogger djn said...

She's doing the opposite of productive. Isn't that what the guy from Office Space did to get a promotion? Roger, if you want a promotion, I think you should start thinking outside your intuitive box.

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home