DO IT TREE!

Thursday, September 08, 2005

team names

The Metropolitans, the Nationals, the Expositionists (?) (RIP) - was the marketing department on vacation those weeks? Granted Indians isn't the height of creativity, but it was named a LONG time ago back when people didn't know about being cool and naming teams with cool names like: Eviscerators; Emasculinators; Embarrassors; and from the classic, squash, Kids in the Hall sketch, Eradicators!

Overall I think the letter E is a vastly underused tool in the stuff naming arsenal . . . Ashton Kutcher, I'm looking at you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

See my previous comment on "e" conservation. You're not exactly helping, Roger.

By the way, the Montreal team was originally named the Exhibitionists, but the head of marketing misunderstood and by the time the error was caught, it was too late. Good thing, though. I'd have hated to see their uniforms.

vpxaqu!

8:23 AM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I like The Electrocutors.

9:01 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

HDD: Due to my undying love of the Simpsons, I am unable to call the Isotopes lame.

Embalmers would be a good one too. Enervaters.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

You're fellow Simpon's fans?

Just when I thought it impossible for HDD and Roger to get any cooler, they amaze me again.

3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home