DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

some short sleeves are longer than others

So this guy I see on a regular basis always wears polo shirts that have shorter sleeves than his undershirt. It's curious. I don't have much to add to this. I didn't really think this post through to be honest. I was all, "Ok, I have the first sentence. And type."

I have about 800 pounds of leaves in my backyard. Right now I'm refusing to rake so I don't have to rake 20 times this fall. I also still have my groundhog. Should I keep him around for the whole shadow deal in February? Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with him. He is somewhere under the house, perhaps damaging it. Or maybe he provides additional insulation? Regardless, we have a trap. But, if we catch it, we're supposed to euthanize it. Hmm . . . I don't know if I have the bloodlust for that. (It's illegal to relocate them in case they have exotic gopher diseases that don't exist 5 miles from here). Remember Deliverance when John Voight was trying to ARROWED! the deer? That's how I'd be. Really. Could you choke out Punxsutawney Phil?

MAYBE, I could train the gopher to eat the leaves!! For seriously. I would love him forever if he did that. Sure we've got loads of acorns as well, but how about some delicious leaves? No? How about walking into this rectangular metal thingy?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

They want you to kill your own gophers? Are you sure you're not in Saskatchewan?

Also: there are men who wear undershirts under polo shirts? Chris here is really committed to the undershirt-wearing (it's part of being a large, sweaty man), but he wears his polo shirts (and t-shirts) without an undershirt. Doing otherwise is strange to me.

1:02 AM

 
Blogger Teacher Lady said...

Is the title a reference to the Smith's song "Some Girls are Bigger than Others"? Seems too close a match to be coincidence.

Regarding the leaves, might be a good idea to rake them if you have a ground hog problem. Burrowing animals use leaves and what not to make homes for winter time.

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home