DO IT TREE!

Monday, April 21, 2008

filling

Today was the first day of spring. I don't care what all the "scientists" or "meteorologists" say. Today I woke up were it was a little warm, but still a chill in the air. And it had that spring smell. If you come from a place without seasons, you don't know the smell, but the best way to describe it is . . . hope. Spring smells like hope. It smells like renewal and starting over. And sometimes hobo vomit, just depending.

Well, in the tradition of this blog, I wrote that first graph on Wednesday or Thursday of last week. When you craft such finely . . . crafted crafts such as these, it sometimes takes a few days fermenting to get the words out. Or I'm just lazy. It's one or the other. But the point still stands. It's no jackets all around. And I won't go back to the jacket unless a door is frozen shut on the way to my car. If it is, I can then return home and wear a hoodie. These are the rules, people. Go forth and spread my gospel.

Donuts in the hizzouse today . . . hmmm, I went with the chocolate cake donut thinking it was the way to go. Because I wasn't sure if the chocolate icing topped, filled donut was an actual Boston Cream or a white-icing donut masquerading as a Boston Cream. These are, no doubt, serious issues. The donut was good, but I can't help but think I need to make a return trip and solve once and for all, the mystery of the unknown donut.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean by the smell of spring. Up here, it smells like hope, and then it smells like egg fart when you drive over our man-made lake. And then winter punches you in the face again and spring and its tricky hope smell were totally in on the joke.

12:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home