DO IT TREE!

Friday, March 14, 2008

fat guy in skinny pants

So I'm fitting into my "skinny" pants. You know the drill with skinny pants. As soon as you lose 5 pounds, you go out and buy some new pants because the old ones are practically falling off! (Hip-hop pants-wearing style notwithstanding.) And then the weight loss turns out to have been temporary and lo-and-behold you've got 3 pairs of pants you've only worn once. I generally keep my skinny pants because I'm lazy and they kind of sit in pants limbo indefinitely.

Recently, I tried them on and viola! they fit. Not only that, but my skinny JEANS fit as well. The "skinny" jeans were of consequence because they didn't even fit when I was skin-like the last time. I bought them at Marshall's for 8 dollars, in my size at the time, but we know how "actual fabric used" can vary wildly between brands. Really, I want to wear them so I can brag that I was able to get them so cheaply. They are Express jeans after all. For men.

Now the question becomes . . . whither fat pants? It seems kind of sissy-ish to hold on to fat pants, giving up on keeping the weight off. On the other hand, rebuying fat pants is probably the most depressing activity on earth. What say you fuzzy britches? What do you do with your fat pants, fancy pants?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to make fat pants into skirts, but I think you might not have that option.

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I outgrow mine, so I'm no help. I say donate them to fat hobos. You can always resort to sweat pants later.

2:12 PM

 
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Fold them and put them in the closet.

You know, for right after Thanksgiving.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Clearly this marriage thing agrees with you.

As for the pants, why not have them tailored so they fit your new, skinny self?

12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home