DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

3rd of July

Parents must have a genetic predisposition to warning their children about things on a completely arbitrary, non-episodic specific basis.

Case in point, last night I was leaving my parents' house (fyi, avoid the "bean salad" - unless you want a smörgåsbord of pickled beans) and my mom told me to "be aware of my surroundings." I think they have the impression that I live in a rough neighborhood. I mean, sure, I dodge as many bullets as the next guy, but I feel relatively safe. Besides, I've been living in the same place for nearly 7 years. But last night, "be aware of my surroundings."

Sure enough, as soon as I got home, I tripped on the sidewalk.

Watch your backs people . . . watch your backs.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Either your mom has a side job writing fortunes, or she reads your blog and is concerned about the level of hobo interaction.

12:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parents just know these things.

We can tell.

7:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home