DO IT TREE!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

this blog is defunct

I can't post, yo. I can't explain WHY watching other grown men throw a basketball around has such an effect on me. I could probably better explain why multiple beers have an effect on me, but that's neither here nor there. Beer makes sense to me. This, on the other hand, does not. It tends to confuse and befuddle me. I don't have time to explain all of this to you, but let's just say that Cleveland people are not used to this. We're not used to having the best player in the NBA. We're not used to having a chance (please God) of going to the Eastern Conference Finals. All of this is new to us. I don't know what to tell you or how to explain why this is important to me. If you do not care for sports (sorry May-B) or understand our legacy of losing, this is all aimless rambling. But smile, even a little, at the girlish glee this is bringing to me. And if we can win only one more game . . . . Ooooh, I don't even want to think about it - yet. It's late. I love you all!

4 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I can just imagine you delighting in your girlish glee. The ribbons in your pigtails. Your frilly dress. You jumping up and down in your white patent leather shoes and clapping your hands. (don't forget to shave your legs)

5:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're from Cleveland, I'm from Detroit, but it's okay.

I know the feeling...being on the edge, it's very exciting. It takes me back to 2004.

Enjoy the feeling! Right now...the Cavs deserve it!

*ugh*

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I'm pretty sure the mental image of you in pig tails, a frilly dress and patent leather shoes was enough for me to excuse that the post was about sports.

And I'm from Saskatchewan. Our team is all about losing. Or so I'm told.

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Nukie said...

I have to admit that I'm not much of a sports fan, but tell me who manages the Cleveland Cavaliers now? Is it still Leo Durocher?

11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home