DO IT TREE!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Netflix: Hot Pursuit (1987)

A 15-year-old-looking 21-year-old John Cusack stars in this odd movie that starts out like a less-funny version of The Sure Thing and ends resembling a less-funny version of Rambo. That makes it sound like the movie was not very good. Well, it wasn't.

Hot Pursuit lacked an overall direction, seeming like the stock-in-trade Cusack romantic comedy and then, unexpectedly, Ben Stiller kills the captain of a ship and all hell breaks loose. Yes, Ben and Jerry Stiller are also in this movie. Evil Ben Still is always good for a few laughs, but unfortunately he wasn't enough to carry this production.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Nukie said...

It's gotta be better than the movie I saw over the weekend.

Prison-A-Go-Go

http://www.wipstudios.com/prison/

8:05 AM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

The Sure Thing is definitely in the top 5 teen movies of all time. Along with Porky's, Just One Of The Guys, Breakfast Club, and Weird Science

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Alan said...

Shelly Fabares and Robert Loggia? How could this movie not be good?

11:16 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I can't even begin to list the number of times I have seen Hot Pursuit. I have a friend who is obsessed with movies made in the 80s that star either John Cusack or Val Kilmer. They all blend together in my head now. I don't think I could extricate my memories of that one from my memories of One Crazy Summer.

I just felt the need to confess that.

12:24 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

Nukie: Hmm, I don't know. Catchy title.

HDD: This makes me very sad. :( See.

NYM: All classics. Personally, Better Off Dead is my favorite teen movie.

Alan: What can I say? No Johnny Angel.

QoWP: Hot Pursuit - I think once is enough. I already said Better Off Dead for Johnny. For Val, it's gotta be Real Genius.

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I loved Real Genius!! I didn't know anyone else ever watched it!

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I think I own Real Genius. No, wait. I checked, and I own Top Secret. (Given to me by said friend.) I'd rather own Real Genius. And Better Off Dead is fantastic.

7:49 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

May-B: Great movie. Although the the Kilmer protege was a freak. He was like 10-years-old with the head of a middle-aged man.

QoWP: I own BOD, but neither Kilmer flick. Wasn't it great before he was so self-important?

4:15 PM

 
Blogger LynnieC said...

I think the best part of Real Genius is that the super-genius Lazlo Hollyfeld is Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.
So good.

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home