DO IT TREE!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Netflix: De-Lovely

Maybe they should have called it De-Pressing.

The movie tells the story of musician/composer Cole Porter. Porter is portrayed as a known bisexual. I don't know if that's accurate. I think bisexuality implies an even split between preference for the sexes. Cole was more 90% gay. For whatever reason, he decides to marry and live the rest of his life making his wife miserable. She went into it with her eyes open, but more than a little naive. We know what Cole thought about the whole thing, "Anything Goes."

At any rate, it was an interesting movie-musical.

p.s. I know this post sucks, but I wanted to draw your attention to the movie. Whatever. You write a sweet post every time. All right then, I look forward to reading your blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

You tell 'em Roger!

8:07 AM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Duh...Of COURSE he was more gay. He wrote show tunes!

12:14 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

You know, whenever I sing "Anything Goes" people look at me like I'm insane when I get to the part where I say "Am - F - / Am - AmE7 Am / Bb - BbF7 Bb / E7 - E7Bm7 E7"

At least that's why I think they look at me like that.

8:15 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

HDD: I'm talking to all the "haters"; they know who they are.

Sarah: Oh, I did. I will not be pushed around!

NYM: But this was back in the old days, when it was ok to be straight and write show tunes. Now the gays rule everything!

Joe: This is how I pretend like I know something about music. Link to the lyrics with chord progressions and people think you're Mozart or Cole Porter or some shit.

10:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home