DO IT TREE!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

i hate the button fly

What a terrible, terrible thing it is.

I have one pair of pants that has a button fly and I hate wearing them. They are a nice khaki, no pleats, ample pocket space, belt loops, the works. But there's just too much maintenance involved with owning them. I need to give them to Goodwill or the Button Fly Preservation Society. Seriously. The button fly adds like 3 minutes and 94 seconds to any trip to the bathroom (What? I have to do all the math around here?). How do people not wet themselves with this contraption. When you're all boozed up, you don't want to be fiddling with a bunch of buttons.

God bless Mathias Zipper (pronounced Zee pair) legendary inventor of the zipper. He will forever have a special place in me heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Yeah, but you can't accidentally injure yourself with the button fly pants. I saw "Something About Mary." Those zippers can be dangerous.

8:16 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

You act like it's impolite to walk around with your fly open all day, Roger.

Of course, another option would be to have a tailor replace the button fly with a zipper.

8:48 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

NYM: Yes, if I ever had a SAM moment with my zipper, I might feel differently about the button fly.

Joe: That would probably more than double the cost the pants. Let's just say I don't have the clothes budget of a metrosexual.

HDD: Zelcro, eh? Interesting.

Nukie: The chicks dig them because they're button fly? Dang. No one ever told me that.

1:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home