DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

sing us a song you're the Filipiano Man

There's a piano player in the lobby (floor 3 for all the drooling morons out there) that plays daily from 5:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. I sat nearby and he asked me what was on my mind. I started to explain that I wondered what it all, you know, life, meant. Then he was like, "Is that a song?" Ohh. So I had him play Maple Leaf Rag and Linus and Lucy. Linus and Lucy is one of those songs that, when I started taking piano lessons, I was all, "I want to be able to play that song." Well, I can't. I'm not good enough (yet? ever?). And the ease with which this guy busted it out was annoying to me. It was like watching a player piano with a human attached to it. Then again, since every person that can play the piano for real (my playing is essentially imaginary) seems like some sort of robotic pianoing machine to me, a top secret government project perhaps.

After that he busted out some Stairway to Heaven. I had to laugh at that one. Freshman year at college the dude next door had to of picked up a dozen chicks with the first 3 measures of Stairway. And every Saturday morning I'd hear him practicing it. What a stud.

After that was a classical block. Some Moonlight Sonata and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring when suddenly a passerby started clapping to the beat. No. Wasn't even drunk. Clapping along is a little hokey. How about some beatbox? That'd be pretty sweet. Anyway, I had to go. So I gave the piano guy 3 bucks and checked for circuitry. I found none.

3 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Oh, do tell exactly how you checked for circuitry...

I knew a Theta Delt at the Univ of WI who used to pick up chicks with Moondance...Hmmmm...Must blog about that.

7:38 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Checking for circuitry is the best euphemism for groping that I've heard in a long time.

8:11 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

Visual check . . . get your jollies somewhere else!

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home