DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

goin' up


I've got to say that Walt Disney must have designed this building during his brain freeze years. Firstly, the lobby is on the 3rd floor, yet is still called L (for lobby, sickos). The conference rooms are named like Salon, Asia, Pacific, FUBAR, making it impossible to intuit any kind of ordering to the location of the rooms. Also, in the conference part of the building, the floors don't have numbers, but names. One floor is called Convention floor. Now if the convention were ONLY on this floor, fine, but the convention is also on the Meeting floor. Naming floors, Mickey, is stupid. Well, I should qualify. If you named your floors like WayDownLow Floor and Somethin'SkyHigh Floor and Middlest Floor Yo, then I'm down with that. Otherwise, your system is flawed.

So, I'm on floor L+2. Now, I'm fat and pretty lazy, but I think it's annoying to take the stairs 2 floors - even when ascending (I know, overachiever). I have tried a couple of times to find and take the stairs. Ha ha. That's funny. I end up in these shady looking hallways, dark and cold, fully expecting Goofy to jump out around the corner with a shiv looking to take my Disney Dollars. Undaunted, I continue. Walk the hall, down some stairs, oh a door. Ok, now I'm outside. Makes perfect sense. WTF Walt . . . WTF?

4 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Come on, Roger. The whole "Disney thing..." Don't you think Walt smoked a LOT of weed? I mean...Goofy? Pluto? Mickey?

7:35 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I never looked at it that way, NYM, but suddenly Disneyworld makes perfect sense.

Also, I heard that if you walk around the park listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" it synchs up perfectly with whatever you happen to be looking at.

8:05 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I never looked at it that way, NYM, but suddenly Disneyworld makes perfect sense.

Also, I heard that if you walk around the park listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" it synchs up perfectly with whatever you happen to be looking at.

8:06 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

Yah Joe, you can just use bold next time and that'll get your point across sufficiently.

2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home