DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

tip: Be a perfectionist at shit you're good at.

Really. It makes no sense for me to be meticulous with household fixer-upper jobs when I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. I am currently proficient at changing the toilet paper roll. Though the exact mechanics of the paper towel roll have vexed me thus far.

I changed a doorknob/deadbolt in our house yesterday. This is not an 8-hour process, mind you, but when you so seldomly use your drill that you have to charge it twice during one project, things get bogged down.

I found myself taking way too much time trying to get things "just right." When really, I should have been focused on getting things "just locked." Right? That should be my goal. The main problem was that I have rusty metal hooks for hands when it comes to home repair AND the new knoblauch apparatus was throwing wide of first all day slightly different than the old. So I cobbled it together like a drunken shoesmith and now it looks like I allow children to play with power tools in my home, but I'll be damned if they didn't fix that door.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Ah the joys of home ownership...

9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you have charge twice? Plug that thing in overnight and then put it away. Next time you go to use it, you should have no problems. If it's not holding a charge after that, you need a new battery (and to kick Z's butt for suggesting such a cheap drill).

12:38 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

"Somebody" unplugged the charger. So I plugged it in and waited a few hours - thinking it would last - whereas I should have plugged in the other battery.

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home