DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

facebook is stalking

I'm on the facebook. I don't really update it and whatnot. I become friends with people and that's about as far as it goes excepting the very irregular graffiti scrawl. I guess I don't "get" it. I really don't get why it tells me every little thing that every one of my friends has done across all of facebook - even when it has absolutely 0 to do with me. It's ok. I don't need to know when my friend updated their update dealie.

What is the motivation here? Is this supposed to horn in on Twitter's market? Twitter is another thing I don't really understand. Take my average post divided by 100 more boring times 80 times a day . . . ? Is this good for anyone?

I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You're on facebook? I'm totally going to stalk you now.

1:16 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I'd probably just call you smarter than the rest of us.

5:08 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

Ky - Facebook does the stalking for you!

Joe - I guess I'm something of a Luddite as I don't have a cell either. But yet I work with technology for a living. Strange.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

Facebook was just trying to be better than MySpace. WHich, really... isn't anything?

Twitter is fun, but there are few people who are smart enough to make it more interesting than "I'm going to the store". I am not one of them.

5:46 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

Consider yourself stalked. I am still the Queen.

5:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on Facebook? But I want to stalk you!

8:12 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Uh...that was me, not Ky. She doesn't actually want to stalk you and is now worried that I've made her sound creepy. Don't worry: it was me.

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

(I'm on Ky's computer)

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Teacher Lady said...

The narrative made more sense after I read the tag about Andy Rooney.

Answer honestly Roger: how long did you revel in you cleverness after posting?

1:39 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

QoWP: Ha ha. Were you Ky both times? Friend me up through Bronwyn. Friend me up sounds creepy. Let's be friends!

Teacher Lady: After I wrote the first graph, I was thinking, Andy Rooney is going to steal this from my blog for his next incoherent rant. Since I realized this after I already started writing, I was more sad than proud. And now I need to grow out my eyebrows - hella mad grow them out.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ky was really herself the first time, and then it was me the second time, because I was borrowing her computer and forgot to sign out as her before I commented.

Also, I will pay you five whole dollars if you grow out your eyebrows.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home