DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

thanks for nothing

Well, I am NOT your new president. (Or did the Canadians orchestrate a coup in my name last night? No? Ok.) Thanks a lot team. I was running an olden times campaign where I didn't, well, campaign and I relied on my proxies to go out and win me the election. I see you have failed me.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been elected to anything. In the 6th grade, I did win the Cougar Award for the basketball team. I guess you'd call it the "spirit" award. It basically meant that you hustled and stuff despite not being very talented. I think the coach - and not my peers - gave me that, more of an appointment than an election. And I think he gave it to me because I knew how to jump rope. That was one of his conditioning drills. He thought it was awesome that I could jump rope. Why did he think it was awesome? I have no idea, but I have 4 sisters and it's one of those things you kind of pick-up by being around.

Still can't hula-hoop though. That's, you know, for kids.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

On the other had, you did only slightly worse that Rudy Guliani and he spent millions.

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I won that same award in Grade 8. Here's to be talentless but hardworking.

Sorry, I didn't vote for you. I will try to be better next time.

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home