DO IT TREE!

Thursday, October 09, 2008

can you dig it???!!!

I'm still here, yo. Well, you know, in the metaphorical sense.

theMonica and I went to North Carolina for our anniversamarry. We visited RS4/RS4H and theMonica's cousins/baby. Then we visited dirty hippies/the gay community, otherwise known as Asheville.

We stayed at a b-n-b. I'm not going to lie to you; I do not like b-n-bs. Some people appreciate the personal service, home-cooked meals and all that, but to me it feels like living with your family that you've known for 2 days - just as annoying, unable to punch. *I* prefer the cold anonymity of a large hotel. So maybe they charge you 8 bucks for a diet DP, fine, they don't make you sit 2 feet away from some hiking-obsessed Swede when you're trying to eat breakfast.

We went to the Biltmore. It's "basically" a 275,000 square foot "home" that an heir, George Vanderbilt, built. He incidentally, made none of the money. That place is pretty nuts and has individual rooms larger than our entire house - which seemed big at the time. I enjoyed the old-timey nature of it. You know? Like if it had been built last year, I would have been bored out of my mind.

The Biltmore has a bowling alley that reminded me of the last scene of There Will Be Blood. Though the audio tour gave no indication if Vanderbilt was as sloppy of a eater/murderer as Daniel Plainview.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversamarry!

12:29 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Happy anniversary (again).

And why wouldn't you be able to punch them? I mean, you're stuck with your family but you'll likely never come across the bnb folks again.

1:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home