DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

i can tell by the look on your face that you've got ringworm

Anyway, there's all this new "research" saying that diet pop basically jacks up your metablolism. You see, while it has not any calories it is sweet and the body, being sophisticated (yet completely STUPID) expects that when it takes in something sweet, that a bunch of calories should follow. So it releases insulin or whatever it is that my body does when I'm shoving Skor bars down my gullet.

Anecdotally, when I switched from drinking way-too-much Dr. Pepper/Thunder to drinking way-too-much Diet Dr. Pepper, I didn't notice any change in my weight/anything else (other than a decrease in overall deliciousness intake). Presumably I was taking in far fewer calories, right? At any rate, I knew it was too good to be true and now I'm trying to quit. So far - FAIL. Oh well. Where are my Skor bars?

We lost our hockey game last night. Sure you didn't ask, but just fyi, in case a loved one wants to know or some such. It was 5-1. Although, we held them scoreless in the 3rd period. Skor wait - NoScore. You know what I mean. So that was a moral victory there. A moral victory wrapped inside a larger, huge embarrassing failure . . . and then deep-fried. But we're not done yet. Anyway, that's how I prefer my moral victories - in a crispy shell.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Teacher Lady said...

I prefer my moral victories with a nougat centre.

1:23 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I've played on many a team that lead the league in moral victories. At least you can fall back on the Cavs playoff drive.

As for the diet soda. I read the same thing. Now I chase all of my diet drinks with a few chocolate bars, just so my system knows that it's supposed to stop craving sugar.

8:27 AM

 
Blogger Adrianne said...

Diet Sodas are bad for you. Drink the regular one if you are going to have anything at all. Water is the best choice, blah blah blah.

1:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home