DO IT TREE!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

kathleen turner was never hot

I was watching half of Prizzi's Honor the other night (you know, tired, sleepy, hey, maybe I can finish this off before I got to bed - oh wait another hour-twenty left) and Jack Nicholson was all about Kathleen Turner.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember in my younger years Kathleen Turner was considered a sex symbol. At this time in my life, I was easily influenced and severely under-loved, so I kind of just went along with it. "Sure, Kathleen Turner - hottie." As I've gotten older, I've realized that Kathleen Turner must have had employeed the most sophisticated group of ad whizzes ever to perpetuate the notion that she was even remotely awesome. I mean, she was very accurately cast as Chandler's dad on Friends.

Ok, at the time she might have been comparable to the hottest mom amongst your friends' moms, but this is back in the '80s when there wasn't such an emphasis (let alone an acronym) on hot-momness. Supposedly her deep, manish voice is especially sultry. Sure, men everywhere want to be seduced by Froggy.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Teacher Lady said...

I never got it either.

11:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home