DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Netflix: Bewitched (2005)

Will Ferrell never phones it in. At least, I've never seen Will Ferrell phone it in and Bewitched was the perfect opportunity - Weak script, poor jokes, dull story. The perfect time for Will to sit back, relax, and light Cuban cigars with hundred-dollar bills. Will Ferrell will do no such thing! Bewitched is a fine example of bringing it, despite the material (*cough* Vince Vaughn in Dodgeball *cough*)

The plot is that a studio is remaking the original Bewitched and Will Ferrell will play Darren. But, Will's character is a big-time movie star and demands that the whole series center around him with Samantha and all the witchcraft taking a backseat to his antics. The movie itself would have done well to follow this formula stringently - more Will, less Nicole. Will had me LOL'ing a number of times. LOL'ing to the point of CRY'ing.

Sadly, Will was not powerful enough to carry the whole movie, try as he might. But the effort was valiant and made what would have been an unbearable ordeal into a watchable annoyance.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nukie said...

Do you have to pay for Netflix?

3:59 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

Nukie: I'm not in complete control of my queue.

Ky: Whoah. Love might be a strong word for my emotions. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

7:10 AM

 
Blogger djn said...

I have attempted to watch this movie twice -- fell asleep both times so I give up.

8:40 AM

 
Blogger LynnieC said...

My favourite part: "I brought you these flowers...and this Cat Stevens CD".

9:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home