DO IT TREE!

Monday, June 26, 2006

aftermath comes ematics

Sweet.

I was at the Indians game when I started the wave. I'm going into a new line of work as a drunken motivational speaker. I come in, you give me 8 or 10 beers and then I get your office workers to stand-up in a cicurlar pattern with their arms raised, go "whoooah" and then sit back down. When you read that, you can envision many different standing/arm raising/yelling patterns. That's why it will cost you 30 grand. That's how motivational speaking works, people.

Like I said, I'm not a big fan of the wave as it is applied during circumstances in which the masses should be paying attention to the baseball game. But as you can't see by the link you didn't follow, it was a hella-boring game. It took some doing (think Tommy Boy being convinced to do the duet with Big Tom Callahan at the reception) but I was eventually persuaded to do everyone a favor and take their minds off that rather boring and increasingly depressing Indians.

At any rate, I apparently upset the cosmic wheels of justice (or the wheels of cosmic justice?) - not sure, I did something, by not being hungover on Saturday. By then my tale had traveled far and wide and all who were regaled with it thought I should have been punished for making such a muleboy of myself. Well, I am sorry as the gods were pleased! No punishment would be had! There was a slight - SLIGHT headache, one which required no pharmalogical succor, but rather some succoring of KFC. I don't care what anybody says, KFC is delicious. The green beans, not so pimp, but the "C", delicious!

And now, I'm safely 30, having bravely weathered the storm of our mostly-arbitrary-age-numbering system.

8 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I'd be willing to pay you 30G if you could pitch middle relief for the Tribe.

1:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KFC is also great for curing hangovers. I have no idea why, but it helps.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

In Canada we have Twoonie Tuesdays at KFC. All the grease mixed with a bit of protein you could ever want - for only $2.

2:25 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Happy 30!

So, KFC cures headaches? Better than Excedrin?

7:15 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

I'm moving to Canada.

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

Of course, to get the full effect from Twoonie Tuesday, you would have to get drunk every Monday night.

2:06 PM

 
Blogger djn said...

That is the craziest picture every (the mini kiss people).

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Nukie said...

Roger, this must be one heck of a motivational post. It got almost 10 comments. Can you teach me how you do it? How much will it cost me to increase my readers?

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home