DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Keep Back - Children.

This morning I got dressed for work and staring back at me was the ice cream man. This disturbed me in no way. It wasn't even a bad surprise. It wasn't, "Oh no. I look like the ice cream man!" It was more, "Hey, I look like the ice cream man. Score. I wonder if anyone else will notice and point it out and try to get rocket pops off me."

On the plus side, I can imagine that subconsciously people will be happy to see me today. For some inexplicable reason, they'll be drawn to my person and they'll want to chat and hum a few bars of "The Entertainer." And they won't know why. In this way, I will surreptitiously spread joy throughout my office. I'm unselfish like that.

On the down side, the same subconscious meanderings will work against. I will be splendid in my ice cream man outfit, BUT am possessing no ice cream on my person. Surely this subtle disappointment will affect all my interpersonal relations today, will it not? Will people feel I am missing something and not know what it is and take it out on me in a passive-aggressive way? Do they do this to their own neighborhood ice cream man? These are serious questions to ponder. Feel free to discus.










Ha ha, tricked you. I meant the track and field event not talking!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that. I got a pretty good distance too.

2:48 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I still want ice cream. You can't tease a girl like that.

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Then again you could add to the illusion by humming The Entertainer as you walk around today. Perhaps you can even carry around some popsicles in a cooler. Come on Roger. Apply yourself here!

5:20 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

So, were you wearing the hat too, or did you just get a bad haircut?

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home