DO IT TREE!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

the haunting images of yahoo mail

I have the yahoo mail; considering I the hundreds and hundreds of email messages of blogging admiration I get daily, I can only assume that you know that. At any rate, when you log into yahoo the "form," as it's called in the business, looks like this:

This is all well and good. And honestly, it's probably always been like that but I never noticed it before. However, I started to take notice when I found this guy staring back at me one morning:


Dear Lord. I suffered a series of convulsions. After that, I always took the type to check out what that login picture was. There are some sick fucks running yahoo mail. Check out this montage of images I saved from there:


Ok, the one on the bottom right is really me in a Halloween costume. Although I've been thinking of dressing like this for work on a regular basis and calling all my co-workers "my bitches." Seriously though, whatever happened to really, really, really good-looking people being models for stuff? I used to think it was elitist, but now I'm beginning to see the wisdom of that form.

I thought all was well. I prepared myself mentally for the horrors I would face when I went to check my email. But then, the geniuses at yahoo, decided to have a contest. It was called PhotoMail Epic Shots contest. Yahoo users sent their own pictures in and if they "won" that picture was displayed on the yahoo mail login page. Look at this new crop of monstrosities:


Ok, the last one is me again, inside a plastic space capsule - in space. You can see the Earth and everything.

At any rate, beware the yahoo email. Who knows what evil lurks therein.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bronwyn said...

That was terrifying. You really should have rating warnings when you post stuff like that!

12:28 PM

 
Blogger finally forgiving said...

I thought I was the only one who thought the yahoo images were disturbing

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Sadly, my first thought was that if they're my peer group, then I fit right in.

Though the ones on the lower right of each set rock.

9:51 AM

 
Blogger djn said...

I like the kid with the tennis racket about to beat the hell out of his little sister. He's got that menacing freckle face look that my big brother had. I hated him so much.

11:18 AM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

The guy drinking out of the red cup looks like Benicio Del Toro.

Actually, I know exactly what kind of sick f*cks work at Yahoo!.

I've been interviewing them & hiring lots of defectors at my new job. Lock up your children & your pets...

5:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the chick in frame four is hot.

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home