DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

say hello to my 29 friends!

I am a man of the people. Being so, I planned a happy hour/Cavaliers game extravaganza for this past Friday's game with the Washington Wizards. Originally, I was going to casually mention the fact that I had gathered 30 people to go to the game in a false fit of bravado. I might not sound very entertaining, but it was a concept post, wherein the concept is that I bore you. Anyway, prior to Friday, I would have guessed that I knew 20, 25 people tops. Maybe not, but only four or five of them talked to me all night, but nonetheless, I'M the one that fronted the money for the tickets.

Well, that would have been that, but then, many people around me are clammoring for my insight into the situation that occured that night. Apparently, during the game, LeBron was all missing some free throws and some people started booing him.

First, let me say that I did not hear any booing. BUT there were a number of factors working against me:
  1. I was exceedingly drunk.

  2. I was in the 10 dollar seats. If it's not the incredibly irritating public-address announcer Ronnie Duncan screaming something into his microphone, it's tough to hear.

  3. My mom later informed me that I also missed some incredibly small super-baby drumming during halftime. I was either waiting in line for the bathroom or waiting in line for beer. It's not like I was totally integrated into fabric of the arena's happenings.

  4. Most importantly, everybody in our section was given those inflatable ThunderStix - the really loud ones that you bang together like an oversugared baby. Right. Sometime during the second half a group of sherpas employed by the Cavs come up into the cheap seats to give us something to distract ourselves with. They're totally loud and pointless, unless you have your sister and brother-in-law around to hit in the head. Then they are awesome.

  5. Seriously, I don't think sound can travel to that altitude. Here is what the court looked like from our seats.

It's is completely incomprehensible to boo LeBron. If you boo LeBron for anything he's done since he's been in Cleveland, then you must boo through the entirety of every other game in order to sufficiently boo all of the many stiffs he is forced to play with on any given night. I have a theory they are fans of other teams, trying to drive LeBron away. If not, I will not defend my Cleveland brethren; those who booed, however few, were clearly a bunch of crazy dumbasses.

Fortunately, I didn't hear any of them, for if I did, I would have killed them with my fists of fury and my stix of thunder.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You were at that game? I'm shocked that SportsCenter didn't lead with a shot of you in the crowd.

9:27 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

nukie: No, she had really good seats. This was a different game.

Joe: Yah, wtf?

12:31 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Exceedingly drunk. Sounds like a good time.

12:38 PM

 
Blogger Alan said...

The boos were minimal and blown out of proportion. In fact, they were far louder for Kellen Winslow Jr., who was shown on the Jumbotron during the 2nd quarter. Of course, both of these weren't nearly as loud as my stomach growling after two Depression-Era slices of pizza at Panini's.

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home