DO IT TREE!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

sorry, you have to listen to me

So, just some crap that I can't really constitute into a normal post like I normally do, normally (right?).

  • Today it was like 150 degrees. It wasn't literally that hot, but when you're in the midst of winter and the temperature suddenly tops 50 degrees, it feels that way. It made me wonder how much it would cost for me to fly the Indians here from Winter Haven to play a quick pick-up game at Jacobs' Field. Then I wondered what the conversion of dollars to kidneys would be and if I had that many kidneys. I doubt it. There's only so much real estate in there. What about you? Got a spare kidney?

  • Maybe instead of the whole organ harvesting thing, I could sneak into the stadium and sit in the bleachers and get really drunk.

  • Sometimes I think stuff and there's no one around to tell it to and we're all the worse for it. Take for instance, last week, I was at the bar thinking, "This place is like the LOGO network of Tremont bars."

  • I speak of the LOGO network because I've been watching Wonderfalls on it. It's a good show and you should watch it. GO! No? Whatever, that's what Jesus said you should do.

  • Wonderfalls also has a fun theme song by Andy Partridge from XTC. Everyone loves XTC, right?

  • What does it take to qualify for broadcasting on LOGO? Apparently at least the sister of the main character has to be a lesbian. Hey, if it's good enough for LOGO, it's good enough for me. It reminds me of when MST3K left Comedy Central and went to the Sci-Fi channel. I'm no fan of Sci-Fi, so I was pretty sure MST3K didn't qualify as sci-fi. But, to account for the apparent mis-broadcasting, the Sci-Fi channel showed only episodes where Joel/Mike and the bots lampooned sci-fi movies - a fair, if specious, compromise. This confluence of thoughts got me to thinking of starting a network called GOrgeous Folks DOing Cool and HIlarious THIngs Television - GOFDOCHITHIT. And then I'd show re-runs of Underdog and Indians games and stuff. Don't worry; the gorgeous people will be here any day now.
All right then, now that we've got that all squared away, go about your merry ways.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

And of course, you'd have to host every show on GOFDOCHITHIT.

Wonderfalls is being shown on LOGO? Good news. It was a quality show that never got a chance to succeed.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home