DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

beer guy in tremont

Walking sucks. I live in a pretty compacted neighborhood. I do my share of walking around usually bar to bar, to and fro. But, that's about as far as I care to go. I know you all know how lazy I am and that's true. I am lazy, but laziness isn't the main factor here. It's the time. I don't necessarily want to spend half my night walking to the convenient to get a carton of milk.

At any rate, I was walking around one neighborhood one day wearing my "beer guy in Tremont" t-shirt. I received the shirt while drinking one night at the Lincoln Park Pub from the good people at Miller (High Life). Whenever I wear it, I'm always amazed. People smile and give me head nods, what's ups, etc. They say, "Is that so?" Or, "Where did you get that?" I say, "Well, it's partly genetic and then, you know, I try to always be nice to people and tell a joke every now and again." By this time, I've forgotten that I'm wearing my "beer guy" shirt and I can only assume they're asking me where I got my winning personality. It's like driving a new car or being a hot chick, people smiling at you and doing nice things for you for no reason. I swear this t-shirt makes me 47 times more likeable.

One day, my shirt will wither away and fall off my body. That will be a sad day for me and a happy day for folks all around Tremont. From then on I can happily recede into the cold stares of relative anonymity.

1 Comments:

Blogger roger said...

Yes, they're rewarding late-night, incoherent posting. Somebody put on some coffee.

4:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home