DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

hello darkness

There is no way for me NOT to feel stupid when somebody's phone cuts out while I'm talking. Invariably I'm trying to be funny and invariably I take their "silence" as me not being funny, so I redouble my comedic efforts in an attempt to get some sort of reaction from my no-longer-existence listener. Then the dial tone kicks in and I blush at the monumental effort I had just made in attempting to entertain the vast, desolate, humanless expanse of disconnected phonedom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

I've been there too, Roger.

The dead air just doesn't get how funny I really am.

4:31 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Kind of the way I feel about my blogging. Trying desperately to be funny when all I'm doing is typing into a void.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home