DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

dialogue

Girl: Oh, you went to State. Do you know Ben Courant?
Guy: Whenever I meet someone and they ask me a question like that I always tell them if I knew who they were asking about, we would already be friends.
Girl: What do you mean?
Guy: Well, at school I had a tight-knit group of friends that I hung out with. With such a small circle of friends we would have been bound to run into each other at some point.
Girl: I had a tight-knit group of friends too, but it's hard not to have a bunch of random acquaintances, people you drink with every once in a while or talk to in classes.
Guy: Maybe, but I wasn't socially promiscuous in that way.
(long awkward silence)
Guy: Ok, I was a big, unpopular dork in college.

11 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I think I knew these people.

9:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a second. if you were a dork in college... that means....

12:58 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I really believe that you're the next Kevin Smith. These snippets of dialogue are starting to add up to a great script.

8:06 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

NYM: Dork, eh?

CW: It makes you benevolent.

Joe: Clerks Kevin Smith or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back Kevin Smith?

6:26 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

NYM: Not you're a dork. Should have said, "Dork, right?"

6:26 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Roger, are you calling me a dork? I'll have you know that I was a sorority girl, not a dork. Got it? I was a SLUT, not a DORK.

6:30 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

OK, so I'm still a slut....

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I was thinking more along the lines of "Jersey Girl" Kevin Smith.

Kidding...

Actually, I meant it as a compliment in the "Clerks" and "Mallrat" Kevin Smith vein.

7:44 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

J: I hadn't seen JG, so I didn't feel right ripping it. Thanks for the compliment.

NYM: You are no dork, if you come here. Right? Though, I haven't gotten a sense about what the sexually promiscuous think of the site.

3:21 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

The sexually promiscuous think there should be more sex.

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home