DO IT TREE!

Saturday, May 21, 2005

i hate meetings

I had two meetings on Friday. The second was uneventful, though I made a funny joke for the group's amusement. See this post (so what, maybe I'll make a bunch more links to my own blog? Yah, maybe I will!) for why I'm not going to bother you with the details.

Anyway, in the first meeting a lady was talking about how when she started at our place of employment her job was to staple things all day. I guess she headed the collating department. I come in strong with an Office Space, red swingline reference. *crickets chirping* Umm, Office Space people. I mean, really, how many times do I have to tell you?

Ok, tough crowd. I regroup. We're talking about whatever and someone wants to write on the dry earase board. They write, but the marker isn't up to snuff (but it's up to sniff - oh yah). They search for a new marker and find one of the permanent variety. Someone says, "This won't work; it's a permanent marker." And I say, "The world may want to note what we've said here today." *tumbleweed rolls across my notepad* PEOPLE! It was not only mildly clever, but I was also channeling Lincoln at Gettysburg It's like a funny history lesson all in one little comment. What do I get? Confused looks of annoyance.

Now, I'm deterred. Someone is talking about how we needed to make a list for something. The way he said it, "We need to make a list," was exactly like that hilarious SNL sketch where they talk about making a list with the names of their investors and the amount of money they had invested. And it was very important that they did not lose the list. Well, as you can probably guess I didn't try to roll that one out to my co-workers. I've lost all confidence in them.

The meeting ends and, per usual, I didn't need to be there. I'm a computer troll. Just figure out what you need me to type and throw it under the bridge. I'll take care of the rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

And this is exactly why all of the great comics have to leave to pursue greatness. You had it all. Pop culture. History. Everything.

Oh well, the Gettysburg address was viewed as a failure at the time, too.

But still. How could they not get an Office Space reference???

8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home