DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Statistics 235

This funny thing happened at work and as soon as it was over I fired up some text editing tools and was set to go at posting about it. Then it occurred to me that it would take about 30 minutes to set-up the joke (with necessary explication of the players involved, the circumstances of the event, etc.), 12 seconds to deliver the punchline and 1 breath for you to say, "That was a complete waste of time." You see, dear friend, when telling a joke, one has to consider what I've dubbed the "Explanation to Hilarity Ratio". The ratio should never exceed 1. Too much explanation with too little hilarity makes for an irate audience. For example - this post.

Anyway, in regards to the original happenings, just watch Office Space for like 15 minutes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Sure. Like I'm gonna trust your movie advice after the "Day After Tomorrow" debacle.

Hmmmmm...perhaps I should go back and heavily edit my posts using the formula you advise. Of course, that would leave me with approximately zero words.

12:07 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

Maybe one day, over time, you'll learn to trust the blog again.

Don't worry; the ratio on your blog is fine. I ran it through the abacus yesterday.

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home