DO IT TREE!

Monday, January 17, 2011

geeky complaint

[ed. Not a lot of payoff for a lot of confusion, but what else do you have going on?]

RE: Brothers (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Version) [+digital booklet]

I run 64-bit Ubuntu on my machine and have been unable to get your downloader working. I like to think I have a life outside these 4 walls, so I'd prefer not to spend anymore of my precious time on this mortal coil trying to debug the process. I am sure there is a way, but having spent far too much time on a previous version of Ubuntu, the will fails. Instead, I tried using another product called Pymazon to download my songs, but it appears that Amazon is claiming I have "already downloaded" these songs. I assure you this is hogwash as I am unable to do anything of the kind.

Why am I unable to re-download? This was simple and easy before. Has Amazon turned off that service? I was just espousing that very functionality as a reason for a friend to switch his music purchases to Amazon from iTunes after having been through the ringer with Apple trying to reclaim purchased product that I had lost. It is really not that hard to get songs to me. Why require such a tight-fisted, unfriendly process? I am sorry I do not use windows or 32-bit ubuntu, but this is where I am in my life. I know that songs can be "shared" all-too freely and that is sometimes unfortunate. But, I promise I was just going to burn a cd for my enjoyment in the comfort of my own home. In fact, I had planned to ear-plug my family and scare off any passers-by who might be lingering around my home in the hopes of consuming the Black Keys, Brothers for free.

Ok, that's a little beside the point, but it would be nice if you opened the download api for the creation of third-party products which would work with my current installation. Either that or you can send me a Windows 7 cd which I will take even more of my precious time to install on my native OS as a virtual machine. I know you "kind of" try to support Linux, but it's precious little. And I know I am in the minority here, but I'd like to think I'm worth it. I'm good enough that when I buy an album, I should be able to listen to it.

Thanks,
Roger

[ed. There's 45 seconds you're never getting back. Sucker!]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Teacher Lady said...

Brother by the Black Keys, good album. I can see why you're upset.

7:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home