DO IT TREE!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

three teeth

Lincoln has 3 teeth now. Two of which he likes to grind together. Apparently, babies don't have the phrase "nails on a chalkboard" as part of their vernacular. Yowsers.

I have been busy. I am trying to rsync files to my parents' computer remotely. This is DEFCON 3 computer dorkery! BEWARE! So, I get kind of obsessed with figuring out how to do it. I have told you before, but back your stuff up. Burn it to a DVD. Go. Now. You will lose it. It's just the way life is. And if you don't lose it, it will only be because you have a nearby backup.

What else is new? Hmmm, back to LL. He crawls now and does calculus, so that's cool. He kissed the baby on a diaper box. OH and I'm the worst father ever.

I thought I could grab his bottle from across the hall without him doing any damage to himself. Long story short, he touched the space heater. OMG. And he had a cold, so his daddy-induced screams of pain were kind of muted by his laryngitis. It made me cry. And then he got tiny little blisters on his tiny little hands and the shame and guilt of a million Catholics descends on me whenever I see his right hand. For serious. The next day I emailed a buddy and asked him to tell me that he too had irreparably harmed one of his children, even if it was a lie. I'm not sure, but I think he still loves me. I hope.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ky said...

Every time LL (I thought you were going with "Cuddlebunnies") looks at the scars on his right hand, he'll think of you.

Don't worry about the space heater touching, though. I mean, the kids doing calculus, so he's fine.

5:23 AM

 
Anonymous Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

He'll be able to do the math to calculate the healing time, so it is all good.

One time I left Ian asleep on my bed when he was just learning to crawl and he woke up while I was doing dishes and in his attempt to come see me he fell on his face.

I still feel pretty bad about that.

I also feel bad about when I got dandruff shampoo in his eyes trying to cure his cradle cap.

And that is just some of the horrible things I have done to ONE of my children.

He will be fine. You will take longer to recover.

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home