DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

i am tired, but i love you more

Yes, it's true. I need to go to bed so I can get up in the morning and workout . . . whaaaah?? Yah, that is not a fun reason to get up. Not like getting up to drink - I'm talking like a tailgate situation and not an alcoholic-type situation.

At any rate, I was thinking about life and stuff. For me, getting married wasn't a big deal really. You find the right girl and it's pretty snappy. Buying a house was tougher. Not tougher as in difficult (but there was WAY more paperwork) but tougher in that emotionally I felt the squeeze of provider anxiety (also the name of my new alt-rock band). All I could think was, "Gotta make that money! We gots a mortgage!"

Now, the baby is en route, perhaps sideways, swerving wildly within theMonica's uterus, but coming nonetheless. And I feel a new change coming over me. One that I actually find disturbing. I have to get a cellphone. I know. It's frightening. It troubles me. And despite the fact that I suspect I won't be unavailable at baby time, I also feel like I need to step up. So, for the first time in my life I am going to buy a cellphone. I'm going to be one of those cellphone people. It's sad I know. I console myself with the knowledge that I'm going to buy one of those bullshit pay-as-you-go phones and keep it in the car after baby is here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

What the hell? It is 2010, how do you not have a cell phone? I've had a cell phone for 14 years now. No lie. 14 YEARS.

Get an iPhone. Your life will be awesome.

Plus, then you can check your e-mail and/or play solitaire when you are trying to get the baby to go back to sleep.

12:00 PM

 
Anonymous TC said...

It is sad, but you knew this day was coming Rog.

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home