DO IT TREE!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Art of Office: Creeping out your co-workers

This is the story of how you creep out a random, hapless co-worker.

I was getting some water or a double salami (that's what she said) snack pack or some such, when I saw this guy. I was sure I'd never seen him before because he looked a lot like Gene Wilder. And if there's one thing I remember it's seeing dudes that look like Gene Wilder1. Anyway, I naturally began to think of all the hilarity Gene Wilder has provided over the years. I thought, "Remember in Stir Crazy when the warden ties him up drawn-and-quarter style for hours and Wilder gets down and says, 'What? My 12-year old back problem? It's gone!'? Are you honestly asking me that, of course I remember, you're thinking this, dumbass. Right."

I started to chuckle, nay, giggle to myself, just as some OTHER dude came around the corner (if it were the Gene Wilder dude, I'm sure he gets that all the time). He gave me a quizzical look. And I continued on my way, acting as if it was perfectly normal to go around reliving Gene Wilder scenes in one's head.

1Is there a guy that's not thought of as funny who's funnier? I mean, no one would list Gene Wilder in there top 100 funniest dudes (I'm sure I'm up there on all your lists, please email them to me). But, he is hilarious and I love him. RIP. Also, who is the evil genius who thought of Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor together? He should be beatified. How did that pitch go? "Ok, we've got a buddy movie." "Stop right there. Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder. I won't greenlight it with anyone else." God bless you sir.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home