DO IT TREE!

Monday, August 04, 2008

choices

I've decided that from now on (and for an indeterminate amount of time) that my euphemism for losing something (game, bet, whatever) will be, "bested my Spaniard." Like, "I played Scrabble last night and Jimmy bested my Spaniard." Wait . . . that sounds stupid. I don't play Scrabble and I don't know anyone named Jimmy. How about, "My hockey team got its Spaniard bested 11 to 0 last night."

At any rate, "Spaniard" represents my ego/ability to win. It's fun to say too. Feel free to use it.

I have now like quadrupled my lifetime usage of the word "Spaniard." "Spaniard" has bested my [lack of] Spaniard [usage].

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

The common usage of Spaniard has fallen precipitously since the days when Pirates ruled the Spanish Main. Good to see you brining it back in vogue. Today Ohio, tomorrow the…erm…greater Midwestern region?

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Alan said...

Your use of "Spaniard" is quite similar to the use of "Smurf."

4:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alan has smurfed your Spaniard.

10:00 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

Hey, even Alan needs to break something off from time to time.

10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like... in fantasy football this year I will best you Spaniard?

10:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home