DO IT TREE!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Friday!

Greetings from sunny Dayton!

That’s right folks. It has been 10 years since I should have graduated from college. But since I was in a top secret government/CIA drinking program, I went to college for *5* years and it has therefore been 9 years since I graduated. Nonetheless, a bunch of us UD alum (and some other, non-UD alum) are heading down to Dayton for some of that old-time religion. Or old-time drinking. Or “Holy crap, it’s like 4 dollars for a round of beers!” As a matter of fact, since I’m not really writing this right now (but pre-writing it on Thursday), I’m probably already drunk. Ok, I’m not drunk, I’m asleep at home, BUT I will be drunk in like 8 hours or something – sorry, I wasn’t a math major.

Here are some things I’ll be looking out for when I’m roaming around campus:
  • How everything is completely nicer than it was when I was there. If you extrapolate into the past, the rate of improvement I’ve seen the last few years since I went there means that in the 80’s the students must have lived in thatched hutches and foraged for berries as part of their meal plan. It’s ridiculous.
  • Actual students look like tiny little babies. I mean, it’s scary. And then they give you a ride in a golf cart and give you a beer and you think, “I am telling your mother! Whom I’m old enough to have made out with!”
  • Speaking of babies, last time we were there – there was a GIANT-HEADED BABY. It was seriously like Stay-Puft baby head. So we took a bunch of pictures where the baby was in the background. But one of my buddies got trapped by the gravitational pull of his head. He’s now the baby’s man servant.
  • Loose change.
Events like these do make me nostalgic and force me to think about how swiftly life passes. She waits for no man, as they say. More practically, I think theMonica and I will take a break from stressing about homes and just get really, really hammered. Wish my liver luck!

Have a great weekend. Come on down to UD if you’re bored.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I monitored the Dayton police reports for any Roger related incident. Sadly, there were none. I've never been more disappointed in you.

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home