DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

speaking of

Frank Black had a show in Cleveland on Monday. He kicked out a couple of acoustic versions of Pixies' songs. I'm all for that. All in all, it was kind of a low-key show. It skewed towards his more recent Nashville recordings and it was a Monday night. But I will say Frank talked more during this show than all the other shows I've seen him combined. I like to think it was because of my stunning blue eyes staring up at him delicately.

Earlier in the day, I had jury duty. I was pretty sure it would be a veritable goldmine of blogging material. The morning got started off right with people asking annoyingly stupid questions and testing the juror fuhrer's patience. But there was nothing too stupid or entertaining. So, I continued to read whatever it was I brought along. After a few hours, we were told we weren't needed and to go home.

Talk about a letdown. I think we all universally share in a 12 Angry Men scenario where only WE (as played by Henry Fonda) can see the complex truth behind an ostensibly simple case. Of course, the court I was summoned to was a misdemeanor court (or whatever - point being, nothing serious in terms of criminal activity), so who cares if somebody gets 10 hours of community service or not? Certainly not me, especially when I can't give someone the chair.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I sensing a definite Pixies theme emerging in you blog of late, Roger. Perhaps you're preparing us for the launch of a spin-off blog?

8:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea who he is.

I'm lame.

11:51 AM

 
Blogger justanothergirl said...

i really don't want to ruin your day/life roger....but i just read this:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Pixies/2006/11/02/2208410.html

7:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home