DO IT TREE!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

i heart hoboes

Had this exchange on the way to my car after work:

hobo: (shaking cup) Sir, could you help me out?
me: (haven't helped a hobo out in a while) Ok.

I fish through my pockets for some change and grab some, placing it in his cup. I had a hold of more than what I gave him, but kind of fumbled it in my pocket. As I'm reaching back in to get it . . .

hobo: Sir, that's all right. You don't have to -

By now I'm putting the hideaway change in his cup.

hobo: . . . Hit me again!

It would have been so much funnier if he had said, "Hit me baby one more time." I would have given him all the money in my wallet. But, alas, hoboes aren't up on their Britney.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You're a kind man, Roger.

Perhaps you could start some kind of outreach program to help hoboes keep up with pop culture...though the thought of one saying "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" is a little disturbing.

9:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home