DO IT TREE!

Friday, November 18, 2005

RIP Alarmie (1994-2005)



I lost a close friend last week. Whilst setting Alarmie to wake me up for the three-thousandth time, he passed away, his main button valve finally giving out. He called himself the "Dream Machine," I thought he should have been called the "Interruptor of Dreams Machine," or the "Make Me Realize I Get Up Way Too Early to Go to Work Machine," or the "Starter of Hangovers Machine." But as that writing guy once said, surely thinking of Alarmie, "What's in a name?"

We've been together for over ten years now and boy the times we had. I'll never forget when Alarmie busted us out of that Thai prison. He killed a man to get us out of there and for that, I'll always be grateful. Rest in Peace Alarmie and may your snooze button never be abused again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Roger -Do you suspect foul play?

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Eve Hallow said...

I just retired the alarm clock my parents used to use before I was born. I'm 28. It still works but the reception has gone fuzzy.

It sounds like Alarmie was an honourable warrior. May he live on in your dreams.

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I was just at Hallmark.com. I can't believe they don't make a sympathy card for this sort of thing.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

NEO: Where's the motive? By my estimation, you people would be the only ones to gain from my perpetual sleep and lack of blogging . . . hey wait!

HDD: She says as her picture laughs mockingly.

EH: He may live on, so long as he doesn't wake me early.

Joe: Really? When will inanimate objects receive the same care and affection of animate objects?

8:15 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

And hey, 2 new commenters in one post? I feel strangely popular and itchy (but I think that's unrelated). Looks like it's time to start fighting for my affection. Go! Just kidding. Thanks to everyone for coming and commenting! I'll do my best.

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home