DO IT TREE!

Monday, March 14, 2005

piano lessons

Thus far, piano playing has been a fruitless endeavor. (The only fruit-bearing endeavors being apple picking expeditions, orange grove farming, looming, that kind of thing). But the joy is in the journey . . . so is the frustration and the bloody fingers. No, I've actually noticed that I've gotten better at sight-reading. I hesitate to call it that because it's more like stare-reading. I stare at a note for a few seconds and then I remember which key I'm supposed to hit. Seems all well and easy. Each space and line represents a different note. When you're rollin' in c major, then hey, just hit the key. But now they've mixed in key signatures and such. Which leads me to the question, "Sure it's a b, but is it flat?" And if it b flat, it b F major.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home