DO IT TREE!

Friday, December 21, 2007

i will not rest until my old seat row is retroactively awarded DiGiorno pizzas

re: a previous trip to a Cavs game

So I went to last Thurday's game with Baby Daddy (not mine, his own) and they did the "Talk Like Tait" segment again. I was very happy to see that the 2 guys doing it looked approximately how I felt. Queasy. I would also like to go on record as saying that I did a better Joe Tait impression than either guy. And once again, the second guy won despite no discernible superiority to the first guy.

Later one they were air-cannon launching hot dogs into the stands. The in-game announcer people are like, "Who wants a hot dog?!!!!" (They say everything real excited-like, because they're paid to always be excited.) And then a jumbotron camera guy comes and stands about 2 feet in front of us.

We went nuts. I was like, "Hey Moondog! Give me a hot dog; they're so delicious! I want a hot dog right now!" Moondog is the Cavs mascot and he didn't have the fire power to get a hot dog up to us, nor were we in anyway audible to those outside our immediate radius but we were selling that shit hardcore. I've learned my lesson - when on camera, freak out as much as possible. That's what the people want - hysteria over the possibility of hot dog reception.

And the meaning of life is revealed.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

The Tait contest is clearly a scam...as long as you go second, you win. It's that simple.

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

And who, exactly, is Tait?

If they're going to fire food into the stands, I think nachos and cheese sauce would be much more democratic - not to mention fun.

5:19 PM

 
Blogger TimothyTang said...

Hi, my name is Timothy Tang and I have just completed the book, "Real answers to The Meaning of Life and finding Happiness".

Many people feel that the interpretation to The Meaning of Life question is too subjective to have any definite objective answer but I have managed to formulate a real and objective answer based on facts to the ultimate question of human existence.

The book also sheds light on a new understanding of emotions such as Anger, Desire, Fear, Guilt, Temptation and Love.

I have made a blog that introduces the book. Do check it out.

http://ultimatemeaningoflife.blogspot.com

12:32 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

Joe: Tait is Joe Tait, Cavs radio play-by-play announcer.

Ahh Timothy Tang, I already know the meaning of life: "hysteria over the possibility of hot dog reception."

7:52 AM

 
Blogger pojo said...

Roger...outstanding blog...

hilarious...

I remember a couple of years back, I was doing some reporting on the Akron Aeros...it was an opinion piece on fans of minor league baseball, and I decided to get more of an opinion than just the folks in Akron...so I road-tripped with the team to Erie, Pennsylvania to watch the Aeros face the Erie Seawolves.

So, it's raining in game one, and I'm talking to the 20 or so fans there behind the plate, and as I'm interviewing the guy...same thing happens...announcer starts screaming about hot dogs...and as they start shooting them out...this guy I'm interviewing acts like he hasn't eaten in 20 years.

He literally lunges over me to try and grab this old, beat-up hotdog...

He got it, as well as an elbow in the noodle for his good fortune...

I didn't stay to watch him eat the dog...I didn't want to throw up...

Roger...add my links...if you will...

Cavs site: Cavalier Attitude http://mvn.com/nba-cavaliers

Tribe site: Tribe Report http://mvn.com/mlb-indians

9:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home