DO IT TREE!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

trick or treat

Somebody brought in a mega-bag of Halloween candies and placed it upon the community food cabinet. Initially I thought it was candy that someone was giving out last night and these were their leftovers. But judging by the vast array of varied candy, I can tell that it is clearly part of some child's hard-earned booty.

Now, I don't agree with this. Now would be a good time for this parent to take their child aside and say, "Hey, just because you have all this candy, doesn't mean you should go into a sugar coma." The time was ripe to teach young Jimmy or Julie that personal responsibility is the key to living. And that self-restraint is a great virtue - wait, I gotta go. I just got Butterfinger in the keyboard.

Update: 3:29 p.m. diabetes setting in . . .
Update2: (chronologically occurred before "Update," but what's it to you?) I'm throwing my empties into the community garbage can. Now the cleaning lady won't know what a fatty I am. Unless she sees my fat face.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Soph said...

What the what? Those parents are evil, that poor kid went from door to door begging for that candy & for what - for mom to take it to work? Why even let the kid whore himself?

8:53 AM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I think that's just cruel. People at my office do the same thing. I eat the candy nonetheless, but I feel really bad about it.

1:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home