DO IT TREE!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

there's no yawning in bingo

At least that's what my aunt was telling theMonica after a yawn. Their might not be yawning in bingo, but I'll tell you what there is . . . losing. Lots and lots of losing.

Granted I'm accustomed to losing money, having just done that in Vegas about a month ago. But at least Vegas give you the sweet, sweet taste of a small win in blackjack every once in a while. Bingo is cold. Bingo gives you nothing.

The three of us have been to bingo twice now. None of us have won even a single game. I think I was within one number of winning once (in about 15 games). Most double bingo games I didn't even have a single bingo.

All of this is sad. But the saddest thing of all is that when someone won, there call of "Bingo," was frail and unemotional. Ok, a hundred bucks isn't a life-changing amount of money, but it's better than losing EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I guess the sweet spot for bingo is that first game you win. Bingo, I await your sweetness.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Bingo is a cruel mistress, Roger. She give you a ray of hope, and then she'll break your heart every time

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

The first game of Bingo you win is the greatest - it's a lot like the first time you shoot heroin. You spend your entire life trying to replicate it's splendor.

Or so I hear. I've never played Bingo.

6:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bingo is a drug! You play and you lose but you still want to play again and again! Your on the edge of your seat waiting for that last number! I even had to start playing on a Online Bingo Site to get my fix! lol

12:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so true! You play one game and you want more and more!!

7:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

online bingo is massive phenomenon growing stronger and stronger everyday with people of all ages deciding to play online bingo. theres more money to be won as well as enjoying the game with new people. I hope online bingo continues to grow and grow.

10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home