DO IT TREE!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

rebel

I am such a rebel that I am going to break the one blogging rule that appears in every list of "Writing a mega-awesome blog." That rule is, "Don't write a post about how you haven't been posting."

I say balderdash.

(Aside: James Dean is a good actor . . . ? He has that serious/focused/angered face at all times. No one is that "tortured." Leonardo DiCaprio does the same thing. I watched The Departed and all I kept thinking was, "Get that guy a Chocolax. Pronto.")

There are a number of reasons for writing such a post:
  1. This blog is ALL ABOUT ME! Sometimes I have to ignore people. I feel it's better to acknowledge the ignoring rather than not saying anything and have people worried sick that I'm dead and gnashing their teeth and losing their hair and whatnot.

That's basically the only reason I could think of. That and that I'm ass-deep in this wedding business. I am generally pretty solid remembering stuff, but the sheer crushing weight of the number of appointments I have to be aware of is slumping my shoulders. I mean, there's a ceremony AND reception!

I'm also trying to generate the wedding song list. This is a difficult task as well. Here's where it stands now:

  • Chicken Dance - The Moonshine Jug Trio

  • Cotton Eyed Joe - Two Hillbillies, a Goat and a Pizza Place

  • Old Timey Rock-and-Roll - Bob Seeger/George Thoroughgood/???

  • Macarena - Two Skeezy-Looking Older Dudes Dressed Up Nice

Ok, fake list. For the real list, I tried to incorporate some of your suggestions and use the artist's real names:
  • Float On - Modest Mouse

  • Birdhouse in Your Soul - They Might Be Giants

  • Dream Baby - Roy Orbison

  • Hotel Yorba - White Stripes

  • Laid - James (twice - inexplicable tradition)

  • Tainted Love - Soft Cell

  • Take On Me - Aha

  • Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Riders

  • Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode

  • Goodie Two Shoes - Adam Ant

  • Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson

  • Rock this Town - Stray Cats

  • Tubthumper - Chumbawamba

  • Here Comes Your Man - Pixies

  • Sugar Sugar - Archies

  • Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations

  • Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes

  • I Melt with You - Modern English

  • Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

  • Oh Boy - Buddy Holly

  • Buddy Holly - Weezer

  • I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles

  • 99 Luftballoons - Nina

  • Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder

  • Just Like Heaven/Lovecats - The Cure

  • ? - Cyndi Lauper

  • ? - Madonna


It's probably a little 80's heavy, because that's basically the only music I like which can be dance to. I was also trying to get a good mix of decades - with some of de oldies songs on the AM radio. Hmmm, not sure why I posted it. Just an fyi, in case you crash the reception. This is what you'll be crashing into.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you using for your first dance?

We used "Maybe I'm Amazed", but I also really like "Never My Love".

10:32 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

That we don't know yet . . . I would be cool with either of those. "In My Life" was already rejected as too melancholy/nostalgic.

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Oooh. That's a fantastic list. For serious. Especially the "Aha." And you know that the Cindi Lauper is going to be "Time After Time," and you're just going to make yourselves forget that it was used in the school dance in Napoleon Dynamite and remember that the song is awesome. (For alternate: Eva Cassidy does a good cover. But less danceable.)

10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Maryanne. Awesome list. You should make and market a "roger's Wedding Mix" cd.

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

And seriously, I have been trying to figure out for months how to crash your wedding (not in person, that would be too creepy, but in gift) and it is impossible. When you only know the first names of the people and the date of their wedding... you just can't get registration info on what china a guy prefers.

12:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home