DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

foiled

Well, I was going to give a prize for redundant lyrics of the year or the Captain Obvious Lyricist of the year award or something. It was to go to Hinder for "Lips of an Angel." The dude says something like, " I gotta whisper 'cause I can’t be too loud." I was then going to say the original draft said something like, "I gotta whisper 'cause I got laryngitis." But that just didn't fit in the rhyme scheme.

Well, fortunately for you, you won't have to read that post because, somebody already beat me to it.

The funny thing is that I probably heard that song 100 times before I noticed that particular lyric, so adept am I to blocking it out (icepick to the eardrums). They play the same station in the gym everday and that station plays Hinder every day. I swear, it is the WORST SONG EVER WRITTEN. Trying to comprehend its popularity causes cramping.

At any rate, I'm getting smarter all this week in a structured, classroom environment. Whoopee for me. So, the blogging lags. My apologies. Perhaps I'll make it up to you with babyRoger "crawling" footage.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I personally like the belabored rhyming of "My girl's in / the next room / Sometimes I / wish it were you." Really trying to stretch that one out for the song.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Everyone I know that liked that song stopped liking it immediately after listening to the lyrics.

And with respect to the lyrics that Alan quoted; Sometimes, I wish it were you?

Sometimes? Is that supposed to be a compliment to his mistress?

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home