DO IT TREE!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Netflix: Picnic (1955)

Picnic is a very earnest movie. William Holden was 37 at the time and is supposed to be playing a (based on the story) 22-23-year-old guy. But I guess when you've got William Holden, every movie looks like Stalag 17.

It's good, but I wasn't badda-bah-bah-bah lovin' it. The acting was great, but exaggerated, as if it were a play. That's fine for a play, but on camera it seems obnoxious. Every character was seemingly seconds away from a complete mental breakdown.

At any rate, I wouldn't have commented on the movie, but one of the characters was named Madge. Given the emotionally charged atmosphere, other characters were frequent proclaiming, "Madge!" Every time that happened I said, "I soaked in it!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Nothing like a good Palmolive reference to start the day.

Shouldn't you be off on set somewhere?

9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I always think of that when I here the name 'Madge' too! Excellent.

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home