DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

together in perfect harmony

White socks and dress shoes are a recipe for the boss needing to discuss an important project with me. Some of you may talk to your boss all the time - me, not so much. But on the day I'm wearing white socks with dress shoes, she, of course, had "pressing business matters" to discuss with me. She had probably heard the snickering about my wearing white socks with dress shoes and wanted to get a closer look. Surely she has noticed my penchant for crossing my legs, ankle to knee, while discussing "pressing business matters" in her office. She is also likely to know that I lose focus occassionally and try as I might to try and remember NOT to reveal my white socks, I would slip up and publicly display my shame. And she could laugh heartily on the inside.

Unfortunately for you, I can not reveal the reason I was wearing white socks with dress shoes. Disclosing such information may implicate me in a separate criminal case. We must never speak of the bad thing again.

4 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

You forgot to do laundry?

7:11 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Then again, maybe she has a fetish for the whole white socks/dress shoes thing. Make it work for you, Roger!

9:53 AM

 
Blogger djn said...

There's nothing wrong with white socks w/ dress shoes. If they ask, just tell them "duh, It's retro..." and maybe they won't feel like asking any further questions.

I, personally, kind of think it's cute when a guy does that. It shows individuality -- that you're not a clone!

11:43 AM

 
Blogger Hamrose said...

It's not as bad as leaving your zipper down...or waering pants that have no zipper. Now, that's really bad. And, at least they weren't knickers, knickers are not good. Have you thought of no socks? A kind of Don Johnson thing??

1:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home