DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

monkey do

This monkey is back to the grind, sans organ, sans suit, but plenty of the business. When you have 12 days off work, day 1 is utopia. "I am off work for 12 days and this is but the first! It's as if I'll never be at work again! Joy!" And for 2 or 3 days, you believe it.

But, then you start staying up late, wasting time watching The Osterman Weekend or Seven Thieves or 8 1/2. Before you know it, you're waking up around noon (How do people wake-up at 6:30?), rolling out of bed and rolling into the couch. Good thing rolling up is strenous as that's the only exercise you're getting. You eat whatever is readily at hand, drink the same. Beer and Oatmeal for breakfast, maybe a smoothie mixed in here or there (for whatever reason you've decided to start drinking smoothies, the experiment is over by day 5) and some whole-grain noodles and chicken for dinner. The days roll by swimmingly and a warm contentendness falls over you. And then the course blow of regular employment befalls you. The forgotten tones of newAlarmie roil you from a warm bed. Off to work you go. Utopia lost.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I strongly suggest going back to school if you want to truly recapture the utpian effect.

What did I do today? I got up at the crack of 10:30 to be at class by 11am. Class until 12:30. Then lunch with a friend. Then nappytime. Then off to Rock n' Roll bartender gig.

I'm milking it for all its worth. I was so foolish the first time around! So much laziness squandered!

(also, why does Blogger keep asking me to type in secret passwords? its a personality test being conducted by the government... i just know it)

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Noman said...

You just described my vacation last week. I bet there is a psychological name for it, like "Vacation Syndrome" - and soon there might even be medication for it.

11:46 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

What a tragic, tragic story...

11:13 AM

 
Blogger djn said...

It IS a tragic story! I had a full two weeks off -- grant it, I had surgery, but my time spent at home was no less enjoyable than yours. In fact, I had Vicadin, so I'm guessing mine was possibly the best of the best of times.

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home